I decided my best option was to rebuild a new top attach it to the base. I then wanted to repaint the base and find two fun head chairs and build benches for the sides. Well the benches are another complete project of their own so those aren't done yet. I found to chairs at this little thrift store next door to our apartment complex. 7$! Awesome! I found some fabric to redo the seats and painted the legs and backs of them to match the bottom of the table.
After a few trial and errors getting the top of the table to stick together and to attach to the base it finally all worked out and looks awesome! So with out further ado here is my finished table!
Needless to say I love it! It is huge! (Compared to our other table ha ha) The chairs turned out so cute and the top color is exactly what I was aiming for. I feel like the pictures don't do it justice but it looks amazing, you will just have to take my word for it!