Friday, September 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Joel!

     Joel turned one on Wed. Sept 4th. I can't believe it! Where did this year go? It has flown by! Joel is the dang cutest kid I have ever met! I might be biased though. He is seriously so happy all the time. He takes everything in stride and he laughs so so much. Everyone who meets him tells me he is the cutest sweetest baby ever. It's true. His new favorite thing is to open his mouth and go AWE! It sounds weird but it is so funny! He is taking tentative steps but hasn't totally switched over to walking yet. He still has no fear for his life, he dives off, into, and through everything. Pulls anything he can and off and out of anything. We lovingly call him baby hulk. His weight has kind of evened out since his surgeries but he is still nice and tall and has the biggest feet! He is my cuddle bug and I love it!!! All you really need to know is we think he is pretty awesome and are so lucky to have him in our lives!

     So his birthday was on Wednesday and we wanted to do something fun. If you know me, you know I am a birthday party crazy lady so the fact he was really going to get one was breaking my heart. So Monday morning I decided we needed a party. So this was very last minute and I planned a cute little car themed dinner party for us for to have. Sophia loved it and Joel had no idea what was going on!


Birthday Boy! 





Balloon Wall. This was so easy to do and so cute! I will have to do this for more indoor parties!




The whole get up!





Sophia thought the cones were party hats! She kept trying to wear it.



The birthday cake! Turned out cuter than I expected and was fairly easy!



That's right! Digging right in there! After a little help he was ready to attack that cake! 



Joel did a little redecorating on the cake! We thought it was pretty good!


The after mess.


All Joel wanted to do was eat the presents!


This was how present opening went, Sophia opened, Joel played.


His sweet new motorcycle walker, which I got for a steal of a deal!! 


It's hard to believe this precious boy is one! I am feeling very nostalgic right now! What happened to this last year? How I love this boy! 

~A 




6 comments:

Marci said...

Everything turned out so cute! How fun! Hope everything is going well in cali!

Kendra said...

Girl, you are crazy! I can't believe you did all of that just for the four of you. You did an amazing job. I'm impressed! But it just makes me miss you more and wish we could have been with you to celebrate. Happy birthday cute Joel!

Hanna Caldwell said...

Cute party! Wish we could have gone! Love that baby Joel :)

Unknown said...

What a fun party and well deserved...Happy Birthday babe Joel!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

So cute! I love all that you did. Thanks for sharing. The balloon wall was fantastic! What a great, easy way to decorate! Happy Birthday Joel!

Annelise said...

Thanks ladies!