Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thanksgiving

     Thanksgiving this year it was my parent's year. Tyler's parent's had decided to come out to Cali for Christmas so we could afford to make the long trek home! I was worried about the 11 hour drive, with a recently potty trained 3 yr. old but we went for it.

     We left about 2 that afternoon. We stopped in Vegas and had dinner with my brother. We went to this awesome burger place, that I can not remember the name of. It was like gourmet burgers. SO yummy. By the time we got done it was just about bed time so we jumped in the car and hoped the kids would fall asleep. They did, and after some snow, some middle of the night pit stops for Sophia, and lots of snacks later. We made to my parents about 3 am. I did not call my mother ahead of time to tell her we were coming early so they were quite surprised. Also lucky for me my parents are night owls because they were both up. ha ha

     We got to spend a week and a half at my moms and everyday was filled with friends, family, repeat. It was so fun! I didn't realize how much I missed home till I went back! I was caught up in the excitement of moving but once I made home I didn't want to leave again.

Sophia and Layla enjoying a movie.

     Thanksgiving day my brother drove up and we were all there except Ben and Jess who live in Canada now.  It was just a relaxing day filled with lot's of food. The next morning we woke up early and went black friday shopping. This year it was awesome! All the crazies went Thanksgiving night and by the time we got up at 5 and went all the shelves were restocked, lines gone, crazies in bed! It was awesome! We were in and out of all our stores in like 15 min. and got everything we wanted. I did all of Christmas for my family of 4 for under $100. I was pretty proud of myself.

The aerospace museum was one of the many things we did over Thanksgiving.



     The rest of the week was spent playing and shopping and eating more. My mother sent us home with all our Christmas gifts, all Ben's gifts, and I had all the stuff from black Friday. It was a miracle I didn't have stuff strapped to the roof!

     It was an amazing trip and it was so hard to leave again! I miss my family, they are my best friends! We think about you guys everyday! Sophia asks for you guys everyday. Nana, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa,  and cousins are very common subjects Sophia brings up to talk about. Thanksgiving was great!

~A

No comments: